3/26/2011

Butterfly Kisses Layout

The papers used on this layout are from DCWV Summer Dreams Pack, and a transparency overlay from  Dena's Closet (used for the butterflies.)  I used the Cricut to cut the butterflies from the Pictureque cartridge and to cut the wording from the Holiday Cakes cartridge. Except for those cuts everything was cut with my paper trimmer from four sheets of paper in the Summer Dreams pack. 


The base of the page is a sheet of green dotted paper with butterfly and floral images on two corners.  The blue dotted paper divides the page in half. I cut a strip from a page of matching borders and layered it on the blue strip to tone down the blue.  I used a red print sheet for the photo mats.  Small strips from the border print page were used on the corners of the photo mats.
The butterflies are cut from a sheet of soft green printed transparency.  (Because of the patterns on the papers the printed paisley image on the butterfly doesn't show in the photos.)  It was easy to cut these  on my Original Cricut with the blade depth at 6 and the pressure at 5.  I used short strips of Scor Tape to adhere the three butterflies on the page, then slightly bent up the wings to make them three dimensional. 

The solid red flowers on the green paper are hearts grouped in circles.  I used two sets of three heart buttons to replicate parts of those flowers and create more dimension.   I used white card stock for the lettering.  It is bold enough to be noticed and blends with the white images on the green sheet.

I made this layout to display pictures of both my granddaughters who dressed as fairies for Halloween one year. They both looked like beautiful butterflies.
Thanks for stopping by.  Let me know if you have any questions.
Sue

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your messages, thanks!! Sue