11/05/2011

Embossed "Christmas Card in waiting"

I wanted to make up some Christmas cards that were about 75% complete so I could add elements to personalize them when the need arises.  This is the first one I tried.  The jingle bells are cut from the Cricut cartridge Christmas Solutions at 2 inches. I used all three layers of the image cutting the top two layers out of white card stock and the blackout layer from ivory pearlized paper (DCWV School Solids pack).  I inked the middle layer with Aged Photo Ink by Ranger.  I ran the top layer through my Zyron machine then applied and heat set gold embossing powder.  When I assembled the bells, I trimmed the blackout layer slightly at the bottom of each bell.  The twine that holds the bells together is DMC memory thread (olive).  The red satin and red sparkle velvet ribbons are from Hobby Lobby.
The green background paper is plain green card stock (from my stash) ran through the Cuttlebug snowflake folder.  I slightly inked the edges with warm brown then misted them with Tsukineko's Sheer Shimmer Sparkle  mist.  Now I have a special card ready for an unexpected need.  I just need to pop on a sentiment (which I make several of the basics to keep on hand) and hand write a greeting on the inside.

Thanks for stopping by.
Sue

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your messages, thanks!! Sue