9/14/2011

What inspires you?

Every time I walk into the local public library I walk out with a bagful of books, a notepad full of ideas and a bubble of excitement that leads me through a few new projects.  I was wondering where others get there inspirations.  So I am going to list my last five inspiration sources (complete with pictures) and what I plan to do with them.  I invite you to comment and share some of your inspiration sources.  Maybe we can work this into a challenge.  Hmm, I'll give that some thought and come up with a prize.
Here's the five inspirations I found today:

1.  The October 2009 issue of Crochet World.  Here's the picture of the Autumn Glory Doily designed by Judy Teague Treece:

I just love the colors and the shapes.  The inspiration is to make an scalloped easel card with this design incorporated into both the topper and the stopper!

2.  From the book Altered Shoes by Marty Stevens-Heebner (ISBN 9781600611261):

The Goth at Heart shoes are just screaming Halloween and the Forever Young cartridge to me.  
Witch, where did you get those shoes!!!

3.  From the October/November 2009 issue of Beadwork comes Melinda Barta's Edelweiss necklace.  

I can't wait to make a Holiday card with some of these elements and I love those bright gold crystal pearls.

4. In the September 2006 Crafts 'n Things an advertisement caught my eye.  It's an ad for Tulip Fashion art. 
The spider candy dish is excellent and I love the fly on the straw in the cup.  Ooo creepy crawly things are coming...

5. From my favorite toy catalog MindWare, the September 2011 issue has the matching/sorting game called "The Sneaky, Snacky Squirrel Game".  I think a tree shaped card similar to the box would make a great child's birthday card.

So, there are my five for today.  I'll keep thinking about a challenge or give away to go with a future post.  For right now - WHAT INSPIRES YOU?
Bonus:
And here is my choice for dinner tomorrow:
From the August/September 2010 issue of Simple and Delicious Taste of Home .  YumO

Thanks for stopping by.  I'd love to hear your comments.

Sue

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your messages, thanks!! Sue