2/28/2011

Handmade Roses

 I love flowers.  Paper, real, silk, photographs - you name it I love it when it comes to flowers.  I spend hours going through my garden books just admiring how God made so much beauty in such a small package know as an individual flower. 
One of my most cherished possessions is a glass dome filled with roses made from soap.  My sister gave it to me for my birthday many years ago.  Here are some pictures:




They are so realistic and smell just like American Beauty roses.  Which is nice, but the dome allows me to keep them, because the scents from most flowers send me into migraine headaches.  So, I don't grow many flowers or herbs for that matter.  But I still love them!

I've been experimenting with new techniques lately. I found a video that showed how to make paper roses with just a scallop punch, water, card stock and a brad.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jjsOonwEtJQ&feature=related  Thank you Lisa.  Here are my creations, not anywhere close to as beautiful as the soap or those in real life, but I'm pretty happy with them:





 The baby is with a 1" scalloped circle punch.




Thanks for stopping by and taking a peek.

Sue

2 comments:

  1. Sue the soap roses are beautiful, did your sister do a tutorial on them? Your paper roses turned out lovely as well.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your messages, thanks!! Sue