2/28/2011

All Occasion Cards

I'm trying to get into Spring being three weeks away! At least according to the calendar.  I found some absolutely beautiful iris, hydrangea, and lilac flowers by K & Company at JoAnns.  This is what they inspired:

The Butterfly Card:
Aqua and lavender card stock ran through a Sizzix folder.  The aqua is debossed and the lavender embossed. I used an EK Success border punch for both the border and the cutouts for the corners.  The butterfly and flowers are from the K & Company flower dimensional package.
A closeup of the details and the inside of this card:
 I used the aqua and plain white card stock for the inside of the card.  Just one flower highlights the corner.

The Dragonfly Card:
A pale and a dark lavender along with white card stock,  I used the EK Success Braid Border punch on both card stocks to add some interest to the bottom of the card.  Both the dragon fly and the hydrangeas are from the K & Company dimensional package.  Some white crochet cotton is wrapped around the center dark lavender strip, and a few gold gems to add some sparkle.
A closeup of the details and the inside of this card:






I chose not to add greetings at this point since they are suitable for many occasions.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your messages, thanks!! Sue