1/03/2011

Cricut Card Monday #1

Happy 2011 everyone.  Hope your holidays were fantastic.

I decided to be a little more organized this year, LOL.  Since there are so many card cut choices throughout the Cricut cartridges, I thought I'd try to make one every Monday for a while.  So, here goes...

For this first card I used the cupcake card from A Child's Year.  It is the second image on the cartridge using the card feature.

The card was cut at 8.5" wide - which made it 5.19" high.  It was cut 3 times.  Once out of  a yellow/white card stock, then once out of red print card stock, and once out of the cupcake paper.  I cheated and used my Gypsy so I could move the second image part way off the paper so just the part I needed was cut.  Using the folded card, I traced the top of the cupcake sides. I then hand cut the cupcake paper to look like icing on the cupcake.  The icing actually is about  1/2 " taller than the card base so it could be rounded.  Also, the yellow paper was white on the back side.  I adhered the bottom and top to the white side, and I used the yellow part as the inside of the card.  When folded the card measured 5" by 5".

Here are some closeups:



The flower is cut from the 50 State cartridge.  It is the 35th design in the cartridge - the flower is the scarlet carnation from Ohio.  I cut the carnation twice and layered them with foam tape.  I cut the whole flower in green to get the leaves.  All three cuts were at 3".   Stickles give some shine to the petals.

Card ingredients:
Paper is DCWV the Birthday 12"x12" page kit.  The two square 3D word tags are also from the kit.
The presents and ballons are Recollections stickers.
Frosted Lace and Fruit Punch Stickles
3 small red self adhesive gems.
Dew Drop Ink - light brown to edge the card front.

Thanks for stopping by.  If your have any questions, please let me know.  I'd love to hear from you.

Sue

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your messages, thanks!! Sue