12/02/2010

Christmas Card #8

Wow am I behind in posting.  Sorry.  I've been working on scout and school projects.   Here's Christmas Card #8.  Not a Santa this time...LOL.  But a snowman.  When I updated my Gypsy last week, I received the free cartridges including Smiley Cards.  This is a card from that cartridge.  I really cheated on this one because Mr. Snowman is actually a design on the DCWV Christmas Paper.  I used the frame card on the Smiley Cards that's for the flower on the third row second image from the left next to the mushroom.  I cut it at 11 by 4.25 inches as the frame card, then I hide the window and cut another as the support card.  If you had thicker card stock and weren't using a sheet of designer paper as the window, you could probably skip the support card.  The frame is quite large, so the card base seemed rather flimsy to me, so I add the support layer as the inside.  I cut the square of designer paper at 4 by 5 inches and sandwiched it in between.  Then added the bling.  I really like these snowflake buttons.  I purchased a bag of 100 different sized ones, and they are really nice accents.  On these I used a gem, but I like to tie a floss bow in them also.  The silver flower is from a Christmas pick.
Thanks for stopping by.  Sue



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your messages, thanks!! Sue