11/17/2010

Holiday Cookbook Day 3

Welcome to day three of the Holiday Cookbook series.  Today is one of my favorites - Lemon Bread.  It's very easy to make.  If you like lemons, this will be your cup of tea.  In fact that's what I like.  A slice of lemon bread and a cup of hot tea - yummy.  When you slice this bread the fragrance pops like a breath of Spring.  I also like that it is a light treat.  So many of the recipes I make at the holidays are heavy and rich.  Lemon bread is a laid back sorta light and airy way to have a pick me up.  So here it is:

The double page spread:
The individual sheets:

I had some problems with the camera today so everything seems muted.  Sorry.  I started out with  6" by 6" squares of blue patterned paper.  I added a 1 3/4" strip of glitter paper to the opposite sides. These papers were in a stack I bought at Big Lots.  Before adhering the strips down, I attached a piece of heart lace.  The lemons and the words were cut from Preserves.  I used the blue paper for the shadow cut and a yellow card stock for the word.  The lemons were from a really bright yellow card stock.  I embossed it with the Swiss Dots folder (Cuttlebug) and dabbed ivory chalk over the top to tone the yellow down.  The green and blue flowers are Petaloo Color Me Crazy Jeweled Floretttes.  I used markers to color them.  Everything is inked with Tim Holtz Walnut. The buttons are from my stash.  The recipe is printed on DCWV paper from either Stack 6 or 7.  If you have any questions, please let me know.  Leave a comment if you have the time.
Thanks
Sue

1 comment:

I love to read your messages, thanks!! Sue