11/18/2010

Christmas Card #7

Another Santa... You know the saying, "Think Christmas, Think Snow, Think Santa, Ho! Ho! Ho!"
The base of the card is a standard A2 in green.  I used a pre-made blank card from DCWV.  Michaels had a box of 30 in Christmas colors with white envelopes.  The red card was just that red card stock.  It came from a collection of papers that Mary sent me as a gift.  The paper is shiny and heavy.  I used a Sizzix embossing folder from the Flower Vine & Twizzle Set then sanded off the red.  I inserted gold brads on some of the motifs.  Another paper from that collection is the white/red dot I used for the border.  The scalloped edge is punched on the EKS "scalloped scallop punch".  I glued a thin green ribbon across the top of the border.  The golden reindeer are from a ribbon I  purchased at Really Reasonable Ribbon (link on side bar).  They have beautiful ribbons.  The winter white roses are from Prima.  Santa came from a calendar (365 days of scrapbooking) I received for Christmas 3 or 4 years ago.  I adhered the image on green card stock, then trimmed it and mounted it to the card with foam tape. Everything is chalked with walnut brown.  Here are some closeups of the card:

Have a great day.
Sue

1 comment:

  1. Oh Sue, this is adorable. I LOVE your choice of patterned paper and the Santa is awesome!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your messages, thanks!! Sue