10/12/2010

What's Red, Black and White all over?

The Challenge at Paper Cutz Challenge this week, that's what.  "...challenge # 62, make a card, LO or craft project using red, black and white ONLY, and any theme you'd like."  I tried to keep this one really basic. Inspirations came from Shirley's beautiful Art Deco cards here.  I think I will give this card to my son so he can give it to his wife on their anniversary. The flourish is really two flourishes from Lyrical Letters that I welded together.  The heart is part of the flourish design.  I cut a second one in red, trimmed the heart out, then ran it through the Cuttlebug Swiss dots folder before adhering it to the black flourish.

The card measures 5" by 5"

There are two layers applied to the card front, the black stripes and white that I pt through the Cuttlebug using French Script.  I traced around the flourish and allowed about an half inch to border the design. That I cut by hand.

I stamped the inside of the card.  I  had the stamp in my binder and I don't remember where it came from.


The top right corner of the front is turned down.  The white flower is attached with a brad before gluing the corner down.

I wanted to mirror the flower on the front, but decided it would be to bulky to fold the corner down on the inside.
I also entered this at OWH Stars and Stamps here and Cooking With the Cricut's first challenge here.

Thanks for stopping by.  Please leave a comment if you get a chance.
Sue

18 comments:

  1. Very pretty. Thanks for playing along at Paper Cutz.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow this is beautiful - love the little turned down corner and the flowers really pop! Thanks for playing at Paper Cutz this week!
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card! Love the inside too. Thanks for playing along with Paper Cutz!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely card, very elegent. I love the black and white with just a touch of color added inside!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is really pretty, I like the red, white and black theme! Thanks for playing along with us this week at Operation Write Home!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a pretty card:) I am a fan of black, white, and red. You ROCKED these challenges. Thanks for joining us at Cooking with Cricut:)
    ~Madison www.funkycards.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty. Your love stamp is great.

    ReplyDelete
  8. My word for your card: lyrical - there's such nice movement and color. Love the little details like the turned-down corner.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a gorgeous card! It is so elegant. Thanks for playing with us over at CWC for our first challenge :)

    michelle

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great card! I like the folded corner. Thanks for playing at CWC!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice! I really like the simple elegance that is shown in this card. TFS and playing with us over at CWC. Hope you can join us this week.

    Christel
    www.onescrappinsista.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. beautiful...thanks for paying with us cwc :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very pretty card! Thanks for participating in our challenge over at CWC! ~Valine

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful! Thanks for sharing with us at CWC! ~Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sue, this is gorgeous!!! Thanks for joining us for this challenge!~Becky

    ReplyDelete
  16. sue, this is so elegant! thanks for playing with us at Cooking with Cricut.

    -- dalis

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your messages, thanks!! Sue