11/14/2011

Christmas Tag Card

I watched this Paper Wishes Webisode on making a small mini from die cut labels.  I didn't really want to make a mini, but decided to make a card using the same idea.  I have a friend who loves the images of Christmas so much she displays them throughout her house all year long.  I thought she would get a kick out of this card.  It is so easy to make.  I still have to cover the front of the card, and now that my stamps have arrived I can get to that part.  But in the meantime I wanted to share the inside.  
You start with 6 1/8" by 12" piece of card, I used Recollections White Card.  You score along the 12" side at 4" and 8".  Between the 4 and 8 inch score lines you score every 1/2 inch.  
These 1/2" scores are folded mountain/valley then are glued to form four tabs.  These tabs become the spines for the pages.

You need 4 tags or shaped images (2 of each must be cut so you have a front and a back that match for each page).  I used labels from Preserves cartridge to make my pages.  You decorate the pages before you put them onto the spines.

I didn't add too many layers to the pages, so the card would be flat.  Most of the elements were stickers and rub ons I had in my stash from last Christmas sales.  I only inked all over the first page.  I thought I would like it, but it seemed a bit over powering when I got done.  Much of the bling is from Dazzles gems since they are flat but the holographic images are beautiful.

So here are the pages I made:
Page 1.


Pages 2 and 3


Pages 4 and 5


Pages 6 and 7



Page 8



Thanks for stopping by.  Leave a comment if you have the time.
Sue

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your messages, thanks!! Sue