2/07/2011

Cricut Card Monday #5

I needed a masculine get well card for a relative who had extensive surgery and is facing a long recovery time.  When I saw this card in the Wrap It Up Cartridge, I had to make it since he loves cars.

It's a standard A2 portrait with  5.5" as the width.  I cut the card out of Craft card stock.  The background paper is from DCWV Flower Shower stack.  The brown, orange, olive and yellow are from a Recollections stack of 4.5" by 6.5" Fall colors.  I made the road using My Community Cartridge and I kerned it on my gypsy.  [There's a video on kerning here KERNING.  The car is cut at 3.5", the road was 2.5" before kerning.  I laid a strip of white under the cuts to make it look like the center of the road.
 Here's a closer look at the car.  I didn't put to much bling on it, just four nail heads and a few silver beads.
 The font is Road Race and I made the saying fit road side assistance.
The green car in the inside is actually the image to use for the tag.  I just made it 1.75" by 3".
I didn't take many how to pictures, but if you'd like, I will make another one and take pics as I go.

Thanks for stopping by.
Sue

2 comments:

  1. so cute, you did a great job on the card

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Sue what a great recovery card for a man! You can tell a lot of thought and love went into it. Love the inside as much as the outside! You did an incredible job!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your messages, thanks!! Sue