1/24/2011

Cricut Card Monday #4

As much as I complain about the snow, I must admit I love beauty of the cardinals in my snow covered pines.  This is a different approach to Cricut Card Monday.



I used a very, basic card - A rectangle from George cut at 8.5" by 5.5".  The light blue card stock is cut at 4.0" by 5.25".  I chalked around the edges and the center with a brighter blue shimmer chalk. 

The focal of the card is the branch frame from the Home Decor cartridge. I picked 3 different cardinal images from the 50 States cartridge, cut them in red and shadowed them in black. I used a yellow gel pen to highlight the beaks and feet' and a green gel pen to highlight just the center of the leaves on the branch frame.  Then I placed light green tinted pearls around the branches where there were berries.  The two snowflakes in the center are from Michaels and are glue dotted onto the card stock.  Here are the gypsy screen shots.

The frame is located on the second row, tenth column.

This shot shows the dimensions of the branch frame, and cardinal images-cut at 1.5".

This is a picture of the birds that 50 States offers.  I am truly amazed at the amount of imagery on this cartridge.  I would highly suggest it as a purchase if you like birds and flowers.

I am sending this to my cousin who is going in for a difficult surgery.  He loves birds and I thought these cardinals might cheer him up.

Thanks for stopping by.  Please let me know if you have any questions or comments.
Sue

1 comment:

  1. Sue, this card is so beautiful!! I love seeing Cardinals in the snow too! Thanks for showing us this gorgeous card and how you made it! Take care, my friend!
    Hugs,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your messages, thanks!! Sue